Monday, August 13, 2012

Summer Homes


I know you are all tired of hearing about my wonderful friends but tough! I happen to have this awesome friend he is a contractor and builds high end homes for the rich and famous in our area. Every now and then he asks me to join him in one of these homes during construction then post construction so he can show off his talents. Believe me; I am well aware of his talents.

I do enjoy meeting him on the jobsites though. I am generally dressed from a day in the office with Big Cheese so I enter the construction site and am quite out of place in my high heels. Generally there are workmen all over the place including carpenters, electricians, plumbers you name it. I am pretty sure my friend likes to torture me with the temptation as well. We always start out with my friend making a general introduction, “This is Kitty. Be nice to her. She pays you.”

I have to admit that I feel like Julia Roberts in “Pretty Woman” when he does this. You know the scene when Richard Gere takes her shopping and tells all the salespeople to kiss her ass and they do. Well that happens here as well. At this point a lot of the guys already recognize me but they are just nice overall.

That combined with the idea of a three story house chock full of strong well built men with rough hands, blue jeans, Timberland boots who drive Ford 150’s makes Kitty a little wet. Do you blame me?!?!

So we are walking through this absolutely gorgeous house the other day and my friend is pointing out all the fine detailed woodwork as well as the tile work and trying to explain to me how the decorator determined all the variables. We walk together room by room and yes this house is absolutely exquisite. We work our way upstairs slowly. There are bedrooms and bathrooms on each floor. There are two laundry rooms and an elevator. The kitchen is on the second floor and overlooks the bay. The house has been decorated with all sorts of built ins and although I am not a kitty who is envious, I admit to my friend that this is by far the most gorgeous house that I have ever seen. He beams with pride having consulted on each and every one of the details that I love.

We finally make our way up to the third floor where there is a laundry room a beautiful children’s room with a bathroom that is nicer than any I have ever seen before. The kid’s bedroom is decorated from top to bottom for the two little boys that will spend their summers there.

I admire the boy’s room when my friend calls me in to see the master suite right next door. He holds my hand and shows me the closets and the master bathroom which is filled with the most beautiful marble and cabinetry. The entire suite overlooks the bay again. The views are spectacular. My friend guides me to French doors that overlook the water. He rests his hand on my shoulders as he has done many times before and so I am not at all disturbed by this.

He hugs me gently and wraps his arm around my shoulder as we both admire his work. He is filled with so much pride. He is truly a wonderful man and a gifted craftsman. As we turn around to walk out of the master suite I notice something. It is disturbing to me initially and now I become irate. My friend asks what the problem is.

“The headboard of the master bed is up against the same wall as the headboards of the boy’s beds.” He looks at me and smiles. “Kitty,” he says “It’s just a summer home for these people.”

I could not believe my ears. I looked at my friend searching for some sign that he was joking then said to him, “Believe me, if MY husband had this house built for me I WOULD be fucking him in that suite!”

My friend laughed out loud, gave me a hug and a gentle kiss on the lips letting his tongue just slip in and out of my mouth. He held my head in his hands,looked into my eyes and  said, “I am sure you would Kitty! I’m sure you would.”

1 comment:

Red Shoes said...

... must be a special friend...

Just sayin'...;o)

~shoes~