Friday, June 15, 2012

Free To Be


Tonight I sit here writing in full view. Angry Guy has treated himself to a night or two at a hotel. Really he should have checked with me. I have a better idea of where the best rates are. Too soon??? Believe me I am not taking this lightly but I have to say that Angry guy has been so awful the past few days that the house is much more relaxed tonight. Oh, the kids are sad but Kitty has been talking to them and being as comforting as I can be. This is not the first time Kitty has been through this so I know the right way and the wrong way to talk to the kids. Oh Kitty knows not to say anything negative about Angry Guy …and I won’t. Before he left Angry Guy told the kids to call his cell to talk to him. I of course told them to feel free. The thing is that he works so much they are used to him not being around.

I don’t want the kids to be in pain. I don’t want them to suffer for my selfish acts. I will continue to take the high road even if he doesn’t. I will let him have the furniture he wants, whatever he may want from the house. I even told him he could take the house if he can afford it. I think that’s what makes him so angry. He knows I can do it without him and yet he can’t manage the house without me. The next few weeks and months are going to be tough. I know that. I am not taking any of this lightly. But I have to say it feels nice to finally be set free.

6 comments:

Luna Moon said...

Kitty, You're a strong, intelligent woman. I'm sorry you are going through so much turmoil. We are out here listening and here to support you in whatever you decide to do. Take care of yourself!

Luna

Anonymous said...

All the best in whatever happens.

Same sassy girl said...

Sometimes you don't realize how heavy the weight was until it is lifted off. I hope the space and time will bring clarity. I'm out here listening and pulling for you!

Big Kahuna said...

Been there - Done that

Best of luck and stay strong

Gertie said...

Best of luck Kitty in your situation. I hope you and your kids get through this with it being as painless as possible.

You deserve to be happy and I know that is in your future. :)

Anonymous said...

Kitty, Communication I feel is Key Here. Talk to them and explain how you feel. Be open, honest and optomistic. Make sure that they know that no matter what You Love them and are Proud of them.
I have been telling my boys all their lives that I love them and am so Proud of them, specially with School, sports, friendships, etc. Be the Positive, never the Negative. Remember your Kids will always Love Mom.

Me