Monday, February 13, 2012

Kitty's Rant

Today is one of those days when I think I would be better off being a single mother. Angry Guy is off from work and I am in a particularly busy point in my career so I appreciate a little help with the kids. No such luck. Now, let me apologize upfront to my male readers for the rant I am about to go on. And, YES, I do understand that not all men are like Angry Guy but here’s the thing…

When Angry Guy is at work he is completely focused and does not need to concern himself with the kids or any drama from home because Kitty takes care of EVERYTHING.

Angry Guy wants Kitty to work and believe me Kitty loves working outside of the home although admittedly I put my brilliant career on the back burner to be a dedicated mother (inserting fingers in my mouth to gag). No really, I have and I am not resentful much at all.

The thing that Angry Guy doesn’t get is that I have been unable to find anybody to pay me to just sit here and look pretty. He wants me to be home for the kids AND work. Okay so he’s not the brightest light on the Christmas tree.

Well today is especially frustrating because the school nurse called and said one of the kids needs to be picked up and Angry Guy is nowhere to be found. No, it’s not that he is in some hotel room with someone. Angry Guy simply turned off his cell phone and is ignoring the 10 messages that the school nurse left on the answering machine at home. So now the nurse is calling MY cell.

The hysterical thing is not only that we live across from the school but you can’t even imagine the shit storm that would occur if I ever turned off my cell and ignored messages from Angry Guy. The reason I know this is because years ago I did it and it wasn’t pretty. So even though I joke about wearing an ankle bracelet, my bracelet comes in the form of a smart phone.

It’s really the same old shit with him isn’t it? Things are fine and then he acts like a total asshole. The sad thing is the kids don’t even care anymore. I shouldn’t say that. It’s not nice. But the other day I had to take them to a doctor’s appointment with me. The doctor was asking all about our family history and we started talking about smoking and how Angry Guys smokes. Later the kids were asking me questions like “What will happen to us if daddy dies from lung cancer?” How sad is that?

I assured my youngest that I purposely take care of myself so that I can live a healthy life and take care of them for as long as they need me. Other than my obvious sex addiction I don't smoke or over indulge in any other substances. Once they realized that if anything ever happened to Angry Guy their lives would pretty much remain the same as far as where and how we live they were calm. If anything ever happened to Kitty however…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's not cool of him to ignore his family obligations and needs, or to help when needed at all. Turning off his cell phone is notiing but being passive aggressive not to mention a douchebag! Even if I were furious at my spouse, or had plans, I'd still make 100% effort for my kids.

~Armada