Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Saying Goodbye to XXX

Today was my scheduled day with XXX. He texted me last night that there was a death in his family. I can’t help but go into “Concerned Friend” mode when I hear shit like that. I lost my father several years ago and I was an absolute mess. I think it’s even harder for men and in XXX’s case his family is cross country.

So XXX is leaving town and nobody knows for how long, including him. We texted a little and I called him on my way into work just to let him know that I am here for him. The weird thing is that a few weeks ago he was telling me that when there is a death in the family men get the urge to fuck. He said something about having the urge to continue the race. I guess I should have paid more attention at the time. I think I was trying to get my bra off or something. Anyway, I spoke to XXX briefly and his side of the conversation sounded like he was saying “goodbye” and it sounded a little like he was saying goodbye for good.

I could be just reading into his grief and having gone through what he is going through I understand if he is not feeling particularly lovey dovey so I am going to continue to be the dutiful friend workmate fuck buddy and wait patiently while XXX is out of town.

And if this is goodbye for good then I can’t think of a kinder way of ending our brief but wonderful love affair.

No comments: