Friday, October 7, 2011

The Revenge Diet

I should probably post this on my diet blog but since you all know my recent situation you would understand better.

I am generally an emotional eater. I eat when I am happy, sad, bored, depressed…well…you get the point.

Apparently the one emotion that does not make me eat is REJECTION. Yes, I haven’t felt like eating all day. I did eat three balanced meals but I actually returned some of my fish at dinner and do not have the slightest desire for dessert.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if one of these days XXX takes a look at me and realizes that I have lost all sorts of weight?

Well I think it would be wonderful and so I am going to take this opportunity to forge forward with my revenge diet.

One of my friends has given me some advice on how to deal with this situation. His suggestions were

As a starting point, men have a hard time dealing with two things:


1. Seeing a woman they have scorned move on without any problem or hick-up. The stronger you are and the more you give the appearance that you have moved on the more impact you will have on XXX.


2. Look your best all the time. Showing a great appearance will always make an ex-lover think twice.


3. You need to be aware there is a strong possibility that XXX believes he can have you any time he wants and you will be more than happy to respond to him. You need to be strong and resist him coming on to you and attempting to hook-up for a quick reminder. Lay down the rule that while XXX is attempting to reconcile with his "Cunt Wife" there is no physical contact. In fact, you may want to say it is best that you keep your relationship purely professional/work related. No personal chit-chat or socializing. Just keep it completely professional. A cold shoulder goes a long way. Keep it cordial, but distant.


4. Lastly, give it time. All wounds heal over time. A distraction in your life can only help. This is where I can assist.


As a guy, I know this would send a clear message to me and also set the ground rules. At some time you will need to have a discussion and simply say you have moved on, if that is the case. No tears or emotions. Just simply the presentation of fact.

Thank you V-man for being a great friend and making me smile at a time when I don’t feel like smiling. Let’s make that Pumpkin latte fat free please ;)

No comments: