Sunday, October 2, 2011

XXX is Back…Well, On His Way

I just had a nice telephone conversation with XXX. But why do I feel so sad? I did really well this week while he was gone. Oh, I thought about him here and there but basically I had the attitude “While XXX is away, Naughty Kitty will play” which was great until I had that scary meeting.

After that meeting I became thankful for all the great guys I met so far. I am grateful for Unsatisfied, G (of course) and believe it or not I am grateful for XXX even though deep down I know “this affair is going to kill me.” That’s a line from “Terms of Endearment”. I’m no Shirley McClain but XXX can surely match Jack Nicholson in the department of being handsome.

So after 4 days I broke down and called XXX. Oh I tried to play it cool at the office. I asked his assistant if she heard from him on Monday. She simply said “yes”. That was her way of giving me a dig I think because I said, “Well how is he? Is he okay?” and she said “He just talks to me about WORK! You are the only one he talks to about anything other than WORK.”

Okay XXX’s skinny assistant, I get it. So for the rest of the week I didn’t say a word. I kind of had a feeling that XXX would be back this weekend since even though he hates it here his kids are here and I know he would be missing them. So today I walked into the office with a condolence card in hand. Oh and I sealed it too! Not that I had anything private written but that was my little way of giving the Italian horns to XXX’s skinny assistant just in case she tried to read it.

This time I asked “Has anybody heard from XXX? I don’t want to bother him but was wondering what I should plan for my work schedule next week.” Much better right? Well, not necessarily and I didn’t get any information out of any of the other office people. So there you go. I decided to call XXX myself to see what I should plan for work next week.

Now I know you all see right through that but I was fully prepared for XXX to tell me that he does in fact expect me to work on Monday but he said “When I get back can we work on some alternate projects?” It actually took me a few seconds to get what he was saying. So we had a quick back and forth about meeting on Monday for a “comfort session”.

I even said to XXX “When you left I wasn’t sure how you were feeling about starting up again so it will not hurt my feelings if you don’t want to meet any more”. He then of course said “well if you don’t want to I understand.” Which forced me to confess, “Of course I do. And I miss you but I don’t want you to feel any obligation to me. In fact, I was sort of hoping that [your cunt wife] would give you some sympathy sex.”

Now this is where the sadness set in. When I made the comment about his wife there was a pause. Then he started telling me how she has been texting him and they had a long conversation and she said she still loves him. That’s all great except I don’t believe it for one second. Luckily he is equally suspicious of her.

So what would you say to that? Well I ended up taking the high road as I always try to do with XXX and I said, “Well here’s the thing. I am your friend. I want you to be happy. If she wants to work things out and that will make you happy then I will step aside. We will always be friends.”

I forget his exact words but basically he said “I just told you I want to meet you on Monday so that should tell you how I feel about her [efforts to make nice]”.

That should make me happy, right? And yet, knowing that XXX is not truly happy still makes me sad.

Regardless, I can’t wait to see XXX again even if it is just to work.

No comments: